An industrial pipe lamp is not terribly hard to make. It simply requires a little bit of creativity, patience, a ventilated space (preferably outdoors), and a cool bucket that says "Let's Do This" on its front.
Ok - so your bucket doesn't have to say that. But it does make the process more fun. Just saying.
Materials required to create this matte black pipe lamp:
- Galvanized steel pipe fittings
- water-proof gloves
- 5 gallon bucket
- Scotch green scouring pad
- TSP (Trisodium Phosphate)
- Matte black Rustoleum spray paint (or color of you choice)
- Matte sealant spray (or glossy if you prefer)
- Cloth-covered wire
- Wire strippers
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
Have you made lights or other accessories using steel pipe? I'd love to see them! Please feel free to share them with everyone over on my Facebook page or in the comment below!