Ready or Not...Here We Come! The REAL Experts' Guide to the First Year with Twins (eBook)
"Elizabeth is the girlfriend you wished you had the minute you found out you were expecting twins. Her strategies and humor, combined with the fact that you feel like she's talking directly to you, make this book a must-have." -Sarah, mom of 5-month-old twins
You've expanded (to the point where you've traded high-fashion maternity wear for your husband's XXL T-shirts), answered way to many questions about your babies' conception, and felt your belly bounce like jelly as your dynamic duo engaged in a boxing match. And the adventure has only begun!
In her first humor-packed guide to raising twins, Elizabeth Lyons and her "multiples" sorority offer the wisdom of their combined experience in the form of practical shortcuts, real-world strategies, and sage advice.
- Preparing the Lair: Mandatory Gear for Babies AND Mom
- Twinproofing Your Marriage
- Breastfeeding Strategies (and Why It's Okay if You Don't)
- Unsolicited Advice: Stories from the Trenches
- Getting Twins on a Schedule - Preferably the Same One
Lyons balances the day-to-day challenges of raising twins -- from double feedings to sleep deprivation to getting out while pretending everything's under control -- with a sanity-saving dose of camaraderie. By the end, you'll be smiling and shouting, "Thank heaven, I'm not alone!"
"The advice you need in the short, funny format your sleep-deprived mind can absorb."
- Lisa Earle McLeod, author of Forget Perfect
"Elizabeth Lyons' humorous yet realistic perspective provides new parents of twins with a great starting point from which to embark on that all-important first year."
- Dr. Bob Covert, leading Chicagoland neonatologist
"My twins are now teenagers and as a woman who felt like she was the only one coping with double mommying, I would have sold my soul for practical, supportive advice like this."
- Kristi Luccariello, President of Performance in Practice
"Elizabeth Lyons captures the universal discourse of sisterhood while guiding new mothers of twins through the first year."
- Kathy Voit, RNC, Labor and Delivery nurse